A variety of back-to-school essentials are exempt from the state’s 6% sales tax and any applicable local taxes starting at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 3, and ending at midnight on Sunday, August 5.
The following items will be tax-free during the holiday:
- Clothing accessories (e.g., hats, scarves, hosiery and handbags)
- School supplies (e.g., pens, pencils, paper, binders, notebooks, books, bookbags, lunchboxes and calculators)
- Computers, printers and printer supplies, and computer software
- Bath wash cloths, bath towels, shower curtains, bath rugs and mats
- Blankets, bed spreads, bed linens, sheet sets, comforter sets, pillows and pillow cases
The sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Rental of clothing or footwear
- Items for use in a business
- Items placed on layaway or similar deferred payment and delivery plans
Click here to learn more about the Sales Tax Holiday.